When developing the new screws in Rawlplug’s range, we focused on speed, comfort and top-quality installation. We were helped in this endeavour by experienced engineers who provided us with their knowledge and advice during each phase of the project.
PROCUT screws are designed to provide superior fastening performance in wood, timber, and chipboard applications. Our screws can be driven with one hand thanks to the perfect bit and socket fit. The sharp tip ensures instantaneous fixing initiation in the substrate, while the patented milling ribs push wood fibres apart without damaging them, making use of their natural elasticity. The appropriate number of pockets under the countersunk head ensures an aesthetic effect during installation, while the optimised thread geometry guarantees smooth driving of the screw in the wood.
PROCUT screws are also extremely versatile. They perform excellently both when fastening structural components and when joining all kinds of wooden parts together. They owe their outstanding reliability to a number of solutions:
- the large wafer head, providing maximised clamping force and pull-through capacity;
- the pockets under the countersunk head, making it possible to achieve a visually appealing flush finish in any wood or wood-based material;
- the cylindrical socket head, making it possible to sink the screws in the substrate to reinforce timber structures;
- the partial cutting thread with a reduced profile, decreasing the amount of time and energy required for installation;
- the full thread with optimised pitch, improving pull-out strength;
- the double thread with variable geometry, ensuring additional clamping;
- the optimally selected and minimised number of different PROCUT socket dimensions, reducing the number of bits required.
Rawlplug is now launching five variants of PROCUT screws: R-PTX (countersunk head, partial thread), R-PTK (washer head, partial thread), R-PVS (countersunk head, full thread), R-PVZ (cylindrical socket head, full thread) and R-PCZ (cylindrical socket head, double thread). This wide gamut makes the PROCUT range suitable for 99% of all applications found in timber frame structures, wooden log houses, or prefabricated buildings.
We strongly encourage you to find out more about the Rawlplug PROCUT offering. All the information you need is provided on the web page dedicated to this innovative product.